KS5 Head Boy & Head Girl
- You will jointly chair and lead whole school council meetings alongside the KS3 & KS4 Head teams.
- You will jointly chair and lead the Key Stage 5 Head team meetings.
- You will ensure that the 11‐19 student voice is represented in key decisions and developments within the school and Sixth Form.
- You will represent the school and student body at a variety of public functions during the academic year, including open evenings for Years 7 and 12, all Parents Evenings and all any other whole school functions.
- You need to feel confident and comfortable talking to adults and students and have a reputation as an excellent role model who has contributed well to the Hanson School Community since the start of Year 7.
- You need to have good organisational and communication skills and have a mature and thoughtful outlook.
- You will ensure your Deputy Head Boy, Head Girl and Year Prefects fulfil the responsibilities of their roles.
- You will demonstrate commitment to the role throughout the period of office.
The Principal, Mr Woods, for whole school matters and the Director of Sixth Form, Mr Irving, for Sixth Form matters and general day to day organisation.
- To organise and plan in conjunction with the KS3 & KS4 Head teams, termly whole school council meetings and ensure that actions are completed.
- To communicate regularly with KS3 & KS4 Head teams and arrange appropriate tasks/attendance at events between you.
- To organise and plan regular KS5 Head team meetings with the Year Prefect team.
- To represent and speak for all students in the school and support and prepare activities that encourages and supports the learning of others.
- To meet regularly with the Deputy Head Boy and Girl and delegate duties as and when necessary. In particular, with the Deputies and Year Prefects, create ways that foster a sense of pride and competitive spirit throughout the school.
- Be prepared to commit time after school for meetings and other initiatives.
- To support the Key Stage 3 & KS4 Head teams in their leadership roles enabling younger students to feel empowered in their roles.
- To support the work of Form Tutors during P3 in delivering PD, charity themes & other initiatives including the school newsletter.
- To be internal and external ambassadors for the school and to act as outstanding role models for all students at Hanson School.
- To give key presentations about the school, for example to prospective parents and students at the Year 7 and Sixth Form Open Evenings.
- To greet important visitors to the school.
- To plan and present at least one assembly to all year groups.
- To report to the Senior Leadership Team once a term.
- To support members of the school teaching staff on break duty
- Organisation of the Year 13 Year Book
- To work with Mr Irving to help organise aspects of the Year 13 Leavers Ball through a student committee working closely with the Sixth Form team.
- Identify and contribute ideas towards charity and fund‐raising events
- Any other duties that may be reasonably called upon to undertake by Senior Members of staff
- Be able to demonstrate the qualities of a good leader
- Work well in a team
- Time‐management and very good organisational skills
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to parents and staff
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students
- Willingness to get to know the students in the lower years
- Clear judgement
- Role model
- All current Year 12 students are eligible to apply.