KS3 Deputy Head Boy & Deputy Head Girl
- You will support the Head Boy & Head Girl to jointly chair and lead whole school council meetings alongside the KS4 & KS5 Head teams.
- You will support the Head Boy & Head Girl to jointly chair and lead the Key Stage 3 Head team meetings.
- You will ensure that the 11‐16 student voice is represented in key decisions and developments within the school.
- You will represent the school and student body at a variety of public functions during the academic year, including open evenings for Years 7, all Parents Evenings and any other whole school functions.
- You need to feel confident and comfortable talking to adults and students and have a reputation as an excellent role model who has contributed well to the Hanson School Community since the start of Year 7.
- You need to have good organisational and communication skills and have a mature and thoughtful outlook.
- You will ensure the Year Prefects and Form Prefects fulfil the responsibilities of their roles.
- You will demonstrate commitment to the role throughout the period of office.
The Principal, Mr Woods and key members of the Senior Leadership Team for whole school matters and for general day to day organisation.
- To support the Head Boy & Head Girl to organise and plan in conjunction with the KS4 & KS5 Head teams, termly whole school council meetings and ensure that actions are completed.
- To communicate regularly with KS4 & KS5 Head teams and arrange appropriate tasks/attendance at events between you.
- To support the Head Boy & Head Girl to organise and plan regular KS3 Head team meetings with the Year Prefect team.
- To represent and speak for all students in the school and support and prepare activities that encourages and supports the learning of others.
- To meet regularly with the Head Boy and Head Girl and delegate duties as and when necessary. In particular, with the Year Prefects, create ways that foster a sense of pride and competitive spirit throughout the school.
- Be prepared to commit time after school for meetings and other initiatives.
- To support the work of Form Tutors during P3 in delivering PD, charity themes & other initiatives including the school newsletter.
- To be internal and external ambassadors for the school and to act as outstanding role models for all students at Hanson School.
- To give key presentations about the school, for example to prospective parents and students at the Year 7 Open Evening.
- To greet important visitors to the school.
- To support the Head Boy & Head Girl to plan and present at least one assembly to all year groups.
- To meet regularly with key members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To contribute towards the development of a graduation ceremony from KS3 into KS4
- Identify and contribute ideas towards charity and fund‐raising events
- Any other duties that may be reasonably called upon to undertake by Senior Members of staff
- Be able to demonstrate the qualities of a good leader
- Work well in a team
- Time‐management and very good organisational skills
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to parents and staff
- Ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students
- Willingness to get to know the students in the lower years
- Clear judgement
- Role model
- All current Year 8 students are eligible to apply.
If you wish to apply for the KS3 Deputy Head Boy or Deputy Head Girl you must:
Complete the application form and 1 staff reference and return to Mr O’Neill and
Mrs Hodson in Room 203 in a sealed envelope marked KS3 Head Boy/Girl.
Application by 3.00pm on Friday 29th June 2018
Interviews week commencing 2nd July 2018